Core concept of the department lies in working in close association with gastroenterology department to deliver the best to the patients. The department provides complete Surgical gastroenterology services including HPB (liver, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts) Surgery, Upper GI Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Bariatric Surgery and laparoscopic surgery in all above specialities.
Eight pointers/ highlights of department services:
make an appointment
- Liver resection: Minor and major liver resections for cancerous or non cancerous diseases.
- Pancreatic surgery: Including Whipples operation, pancreaticojejunostomy, distal pancreatectomy etc.
- Gallbladder and bile duct surgery : Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, Radical cholecystectomy, Bile duct surgery and hepaticojejunostomy
- Colon and rectal surgery including right and left colectomy, low anterior resection, abdominoperineal resection, sigmoid colectomy, colostomy.
- Small bowel rescections and anastomosis.
- Gastrectomy, gastrojejunostomy etc
- Laparoscopic hydatid cyst surgery, laparoscopic splenectomy, laparoscopic ventral hernia/umbilical hernia repair and other advanced laparoscopic surgeries, Bariatric surgery
- Complex redo surgeries or management for complications arising out of surgeries done elsewhere.